- Frequency range: to 5000 Hz
- Standard air gap between the RF pickup and the target is 0.16", depending on the target's speed and mass, thickness of any intervening wall material and sensitivity of pickup
- Temperature range: -40 to 300° deg F (-40 to 150° deg C)
- Most main standard and metric thread sizes and lengths are available
- Shell Material: 303 Stainless Steel; other materials available
- SPECTEC's Intrinsically Safe RF pickup Spec Sheet
SPECTEC's Intrinsically Safe RF pickups are FM Global approved per Approval Standard 3610 for Intrinsically Safe (Class I, Div I and Class I, Zone 0 - code AEx [ia]).
Many SPECTEC speed sensors are CE compliant to EN55011 and 50022-2 standards.
Intrinsically safe RF pickups or modulated carrier sensors are applicable for reading gear teeth or turbine fan blades with low speed and low drag requirements in hazardous environments. These non-powered or passive RF pickups are rated Intrinsically Safe for use in areas that call for sensors that limit the energy of any possible sparks and limit the surface temperature. Intrinsically safe RF pickups are also available in male and female conduit-mount body styles.
See our Sensor Configurations page for standard housing configuration, connector, and wire lead specifications.
Intrinsically Safe RF Pickup Applications:
SPECTEC's Intrinsically Safe RF pickups are found in installations with explosive dust atmospheres around the world, such as oil fields and oil refineries, LPG loading terminals, truck and marine loading terminals, and aircraft hangars.
Intrinsically Safe RF Pickup Related Products:
Intrinsically Safe RF pickups must be installed with an FMRC entity approved barrier and need to be paired with an RF signal conditioner, such as SPECTEC's superior RF signal processors or RF Frequency to Voltage converter.