- Frequency range: from Zero Speed to 100 kHz.
- Recommended air gap between the magnetic sensor and the target is 0.001" to 0.003", although air gaps up to .25" are possible depending on sensitivity and target's speed and mass.
- Temperature range: from -40 to 300° deg F (-40 to 150° deg C)
- Output voltage is limited by an internal diode network to approximately 1 volt.
- Intrinsically Safe Magnetic Speed Sensor Spec Sheet
SPECTEC's Intrinsically Safe magnetic sensors are FM Global approved per Approval Standard 3610 for Intrinsically Safe (Class I, Div I and Class I, Zone 0 - code AEx [ia]).
Many SPECTEC speed sensors are CE compliant to EN55011 and 50022-2 standards.
Intrinsically safe magnetic speed sensors or Variable Reluctance sensors (VRS) are applicable for reading gear teeth, key slots or keystocks in various hazardous environments. These non-powered or passive variable reluctance sensors are rated Intrinsically Safe for use in areas that call for sensors that limit the energy of any possible sparks and limit the surface temperature. Intrinsically safe magnetic sensors are also available in male and female conduit-mount body styles.
See our Sensor Configurations page for more housing configuration, connector, and wire lead specifications.
Intrinsically Safe Magnetic Speed Sensors Applications:
SPECTEC's Intrinsically Safe magnetic sensors are found in hazardous locations around the world, such as oil fields and oil refineries, LPG loading terminals, truck and marine loading terminals, and aircraft hangars and areas with explosive dust atmospheres.