SPECTEC's RF Flowmeter Sensors Signal Processors:
- Excellent signal processors for use with RF flowmeter sensors.
- PA 10 Series signal conditioners available for 4 ohm/.450 mH (Cox) and 12 ohm/1.0 mH (FTI) RF pickups.
- Output protection for reverse polarity, short circuit and overvoltage protection to 50 Vdc.
- Remote Mounting from the sensor allows for signal detection in areas beyond the temperature limitations of the electronics in a signal conditioner.
- Temperature range is from cryogenic to almost 400° degrees C (depending on the RF pickup used)
- RF pickup signal conditioner Spec Sheet
PA10 Series RF Flowmeter Signal Conditioner Configurations:
- Model 4013 RF sensor preamplifier fits an Appleton Elby Y1 explosion-proof elbow (or with an adaptor plate a Killark Y3 elbow) for mounting with a conduit-mount RF pickups.
- Model 4014 In-line preamplifier fits all RF pickups with the standard female or male MS 2 pin connectors.
- Model 4014W Compact module with lead wires easily integrates with many custom engineering applications.
RF Pickup Signal Processor Characteristics:
|Sensitivity:||Standard: 0.3 Hz to 5 kHz (depending on target mass and air gap)
High: 1 Hz to 6 kHz
|Styles:|| Model 4013: 1.25” dia. Standard PVC puck
Model 4014: 3.5” long In-line stainless steel amplifier with MS connectors
Model 4014W: 1.25” long Compact Module with lead wires
|Temp range:||Model 4013 and 4014: -40 to 220° F (-40 to 105° C)
Compact Model 4014W: -49 to 284° F (-45 to 140° C)
|Standard:|| Supply voltage:
11.5 - 30 Vdc @ 16 mA
7 - 30 Vdc @ 10 mA
3 - 8 Vdc @ 9 mA
0-5 V (TTL) or 0-Vs open collector
0-Vs or 0-Vs open collector
|High Speed:||11.5-30 Vdc @ 16 mA||0-10V, 0-5 V (TTL), 0-Vs or 0-Vs open collector|
RF Pickup Signal Processor Applications:
Applications of RF pickup signal conditioners include flow meter installations in low flow measurement situations. These flow meter sensor signal conditioners are used in low speed, near zero velocity sensing applications which will not tolerate magnetic drag from the speed sensor. The principle advantage of using the RF pickup technology is its ability to detect through a substantial non-magnetic metal wall without exerting any magnetic braking effect on the target. This allows, for example, turbine meter rotors to spin freely this allowing for a much wider frequency range to be covered when compared with other sensing methods.
A 4-20mA signal converter sends a high RF carrier frequency to an RF (modulated carrier) sensor. The RF pickup is a special coil which forms an oscillator circuit driven by the high amplitude modulated carrier frequency of the pre-amp. The carrier frequency of the sensor is modulated by the presence or absence of a target, such as a flow meter's turbine rotor. The RF pickup is capable of detecting aluminum, 316 stainless steel as well as ferro-magnetic targets. The RF signal conditioner/preamp converts the amplitude modulated signal via a Schmitt trigger into stable digital signal, extending the application range and signal distance of the RF sensor.
SPECTEC's unique RF pickup signal conditioners offer a wide frequency range from near zero (down to 0.3 Hz) to 5 kHz processing speed and large air gaps up to .3" depending on the mass and material of the target.