Flow Meter Sensor Specifications
- Frequency range: to 5000 Hz (depending on target mass, air gap and velocity)
- No magnetic drag flow meter sensors
- Detects a target through a substantial non-magnetic metal wall with no magnetic braking effect
- Detects passage of aluminum and, optionally, 316 stainless steel targets
- Reliable in oily, wet and harsh environments;
- Rugged shock and vibration resistant construction;
- Available in all popular standard and metric sizes
- Air Gap: to .160" (4 mm) or less depending on the mechanical conditions
- Shell Material: 303 Stainless Steel; other materials available
View SPECTEC's RF Flow Meter Sensor Spec Sheet
Specialized RF Pickups & Flow Meter Sensors:
- Intrinsically Safe RF Pickup to Zone 0
- Dual output flow meter sensors
- Additional output for temperature also available
- Hermetically-sealed flow meter sensors and sanitary RF pickups for food processing applications
RF Pickups - Flow Meter Sensor
SPECTEC RF pickups are excellent for applications that require near zero speed and zero magnetic drag sensing characteristics, such as flow meter sensor applications. SPECTEC RF (modulated carrier) sensors have a long history of use in turbine flow meters and turbine engines in the aerospace, petroleum, chemical, pharmaceutical and food industries.
SPECTEC's RF pickup has a wide variety of applications due to their ability to not only sense the usual magnetic or ferrous target, but also detect passage of aluminum and, optionally, 316 stainless steel targets as well.
These turbine speed sensors require a remote signal processor, such as the SPECTEC PA/10 family, that produces a 0-5 or 0-10 Vdc digital output for interfacing with computers or process control equipment.
SPECTEC's RF pickups are found in jet engines, the space station, high pressure installations, in dirty and oily installations in the oil fields around the world, as well as in moist, corrosive and electrically noisy environments.
For applications that require a sensor with an integral signal processor, SPECTEC also has a DIGISPEC line of digital RF pickups.
RF Pickup Applications:
Applications of RF pickups are: turbine flow meter sensors, especially low flow situations, and turbine engine speed sensors. These RF pickup sensors are also used in detecting micro-motion in the textile industry, and bearing run-out detection.
The principle advantage of using the RF sensor technology is its ability to detect through a substantial non-magnetic metal wall without exerting a magnetic braking effect on the target. This attribute allows turbine meter rotors to spin freely, thus providing coverage of a much wider frequency range as compared to other sensing methods.