Digital Flowmeter Sensor Specifications
- Frequency range: to 5 kHz
- Standard Output: 0 - 10V; Optional: 0 - 5V(TTL); 0 - Vs Open Collector, NPN or PNP
- Easy installation and long maintenance-free life;
- Temperature Range: -40 up to 284° F (-40 up to 140° C);
- Thread sizes: 1/2-20, 5/8-18, 11/16-24, 3/4-16 and 3/4-20; M16 and M18
- Air Gap: .016" or less depending on the mechanical conditions and sensitivity
- Shell Material: 303 Stainless Steel; other materials available
- Power Supply: 7 - 30 Vdc Reverse polarity protected
- SPECTEC's Digital RF Flow Meter Pickup Specs:
Specialized DIGISPEC RF Speed Pickups:
- Intrinsically Safe digital RF pickups to Zone 0
- Dual output flow meter sensors
- Additional temperature output also available
- Hermetically-sealed flow meter sensors and sanitary to NEMA 6, IP65 and IP67 for food processing applications
SPECTEC's DIGISPEC RF pickup, or digital proximity sensor, is a modulated carrier RF sensor coupled with an analog to digital signal conditioner in one compact unit. RF speed pickups are perfect for low flow applications and situations that call for no magnetic drag on the target.
These digital RF pickups, such as the Models 0096 and 0098 flow meter sensors, produce a digital frequency output directly proportional to the speed of the actuator (gear wheel or flow meter rotor). Due to its zero magnetic drag on a ferrous target, the digital RF pickup is extremely useful on very sensitive mechanisms which would be negatively affected by a magnetic field. The internal amplifier provides a constant pulse shaping, signal amplitude, logic-level output, improved signal-to-noise ratio, and an air gap up to 0.25” between the sensor and actuator.
Digital Turbine Speed Sensor
SPECTEC's digital RF flow meter pickup has wide applications due to its ability to sense aluminum and 316 stainless steel targets, as well as the usual magnetic or ferrous targets. The digital RF sensors allow the detection of targets through a wall or window of 0.1” thick 300 series stainless steel. This attribute makes it ideal for applications where the target wheel (i.e. turbine rotor) needs to be detected through the wall of a pressure vessel.
SPECTEC's digital turbine speed sensors are found in high pressure installations, dirty and oily installations in the oil fields around the world as well as in moist, corrosive and electrically noisy environments of ships at sea. Specialized digital RF pickups, such as Intrinsically Safe, dual output, additional output for temperature, hermetically sealed, sanitary and conduit mount are also available.
DIGISPEC RF Speed Sensor Applications:
Digital RF pickups are used for speed sensors, flow meters, and transmissions applications. Digital modulating carrier RF sensors meet the sensor requirements of flow meters, especially low flow situations, and turbine engines. These sensors are also used in detecting micro-motion in the textile industry, and bearing run-out detection. The principle advantage of using the modulated carrier sensor technology is its ability to detect through a substantial non-magnetic metal wall and not exert any magnetic braking effect on the target. This attribute allows turbine meter rotors to spin freely, thus providing coverage of a much wider frequency range as compared to other sensing methods.