- Frequency range: from 3 Hz to 10 kHz
Special Order: to ~100 kHz
- Standard Output: 0 - 10V;
Optional output: 0 - 5V(TTL); 0 - Vsupply Open Collector, NPN or PNP
- Temperature Ranges: -40 to 250° F (-40 to 120° C) or -40 to 284° F (-40 to 140° C);
- Thread sizes: 5/8-18, 11/16-24, 3/4-16 and 3/4-20; M16 and M18
- Air Gap: .030" (8 mm) typical to .5" max; (depending on target mass and velocity)
- Shell Material: 303 Stainless Steel; other materials available
- SPECTEC's Digital Magnetic Sensor Spec Sheet:
Specialized DIGISPEC digital magnetic sensors:
- Intrinsically Safe digital magnetic speed sensors to Zone 0
- Dual output
- Additional temperature output also available
- Hermetically-sealed and sanitary to NEMA 6, IP65 and IP67 for food processing applications
SPECTEC'S digital magnetic sensor, or active Variable Reluctance (VR) sensor, is a magnetic speed sensor coupled with an analog to digital signal conditioner in one compact unit. The digital magnetic sensor's solid state internal analog to digital converter creates a digital output signal from the magnetic pickup's analog signal created by the excitation due to a passing target. The digital output from sensing a vehicle's rotating gear or a cotter key slot can be read by counters, meters or governing instrumentation.
DIGISPEC digital magnetic speed sensor's internal amplifier provides a constant logic-level shaped pulse, signal amplitude output, improved signal-to-noise ratio, usability at low and high RPMs and a greater air gap between the sensor and the actuator. An internal temperature probe is available, which is positioned near the center of the face of the sensor for a dual output variation. A variety of probe types and sense positions are available.
SPECTEC digital magnetic speed sensors are found in high pressure installations, in the oil fields and oil terminals around the world, and rugged applications in truck and industrial equipment.
DIGISPEC Digital Magnetic Speed Sensor Applications:
Applications of digital magnetic sensors are in vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, and tachometers and applications demanding very accurate signal detection. Digital magnetic sensors are also used with targets such as: slotted wheels, sprockets, conveyor belts and bolt heads.
Related Digital Output Speed Sensing Products:
For installations requiring a remote magnetic sensor with a separate signal conditioner, such as high temperature magnetic pickup sensor applications, see our magnetic speed sensors and magnetic sensor preamplifiers.