- Frequency range: Zero speed to 25 kHz
- Air Gap: Magnet target: .160" (4 mm) or more depending on target mass and velocity
- Temperature Range: -40 to 300° deg F (-40 to 150° deg C)
- Reliable in oily, wet and harsh environments;
- Rugged shock and vibration resistant construction;
- Available in all popular standard and metric thread and smooth shell sizes
- Accepts a wide range of power supplies: 6 to 36Vdc
- Shell: 303 Stainless Steel. Other shell material available.
- SPECTEC magnetic Hall effect sensor Spec Sheet
Specialized Hall Effect Magnetic Sensors for Zero Speed Detection:
- Intrinsically Safe Hall effect magnetic sensor
- Dual output
- Second output for temperature
- Hermetically-sealed and sanitary sensors for food processing applications
- High temperature and cryogenic sensors, -450 to 850° F (-270 to 454° C)
- Optional Output protection: Reverse voltage, short circuit, moderate lightning and 60V load dump
- Custom hall effect speed sensors
The Hall effect technology fulfills a wide array of applications due to a Hall effect sensor's ability to detect a magnetic target's zero speed and direction change and produce a digital output compatible with computers, motion control devices, position monitors and digital to analog converters. SPECTEC's zero speed Hall effect magnetic sensors are used in industrial applications to determine shaft or gear speed or direction by detecting fluctuations in the magnetic field. Intrinsically Safe zero speed sensors are available for various applications.
Hall Effect Magnetic Sensors - Zero Speed Sensors - Magnetic Hall Sensors
SPECTEC's magnetic Hall effect zero speed sensors switch in the presence of a magnetic field of 50 Gauss minimum. The Hall effect magnetic sensor meets a wide array of applications due to its ability to detect the difference in a magnet's north or south pole disposition. Both uni-polar (activated by either north or south pole magnets) and bi-polar (alternating north-south pole activation) are offered. In addition, an omni-polar model (HO type) is available which responds equally to a north or south pole field and converts it to a digital pulse.
Hall Effect Magnetic Sensors For Directional Sensing
The Hall effect quadrature sensor detects the rotational or linear direction that a magnetic target is traveling. SPECTEC's quadrature Hall effect magnetic sensor can detect the motion of magnets passing across the sensor face, approaching and receding from the sensor and magnets mounted on rotating shafts.
Hall Effect Magnetic Sensor Applications:
Hall effect sensor applications for zero speed to 25 kHz detection of targets such as fine gears, and the change in target direction. Hall effect sensors are used as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors and ABS brake systems. Additional applications are turbines and as vehicle transmission speed sensors.
The zero speed Hall effect magnetic sensors are used in speed applications and digital devices which switch from logic state 0 to logic 1 in the presence of a magnetic field of 50 gauss.